Monday, May 31, 2010

More Spontaneous Dancing--Plus a Flashback!



What is it with Portland and spontaneous dancing? Especially dancing spontaneously with a fully loaded backpack. It happens all the time.* That's good, though. That's the way we do it in Portland, Oregon.

I loved listening to this all-female drum group led by a women in her 60s who made good use of her green gym teacher's whistle.

Flashback to 5th grade and me sitting at the kitchen table with a slip of paper from school asking me if I wanted to sign up to play a musical instrument and, if so, which one? Well, my dad was the high school band director so it was a foregone conclusion that I'd be answering the first question with a "yes," but how to answer the second question was up to me. I couldn't decide between the flute and percussion, but finally I wrote in "Percussion." Then, I'm not sure what happened but at some point later that evening I erased "Percussion" and wrote in "Flute."

I have often regretted that.

*I hope you clicked on the link and watched the video. It makes me happy every time I watch it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|