Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Twenty Random Things

One of these days I may post a “blogifesto” and one of the things I’ll probably proclaim off-limits is memes, but until that time (and because I’m 6,000 words behind on my NaNoWriMo novel) they’re fair game. I saw this one three times today (on Diana’s, Jamie’s, and Stacy’s blogs), so I’m taking that as a sign. Besides, a long time ago, I ambitiously tried (and failed) to come up with the vaunted "100 Things List" that all bloggers worth their salt post on their blogs. I only made it to 48 and then abandoned the project. So this is my chance to do something with it. Here’s the cream of the crop (i.e., stuff I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned before):

1. I’m a mesomorph with slight ectomorphian tendencies.
2. I have poor manual dexterity.
3. Try as I might, I am unable to see the appeal of the Lord of the Rings (LOTR, or “loater”) trilogy. I have many friends whom I like and respect who think it’s the caterpillar’s kimono. Let’s just say it’s beyond me.
4. The smell of sun-baked fir needles makes me happy.
5. The most advanced yoga pose I can do is Bhujapidasana (Note: That’s not me in the photo.)
6. The one food I never get tired of is buttered toast.
7. My least favorite actor is Willem Dafoe. The very mention of his name makes my skin crawl.
8. My least favorite actress is Natalie Portman. Her voice and demeanour send me around the bend.
9. I have only the slightest flicker of interest in watching competitive sports, with these exceptions: minor league baseball, the Winter Olympics, and the Tour de France.
10. Both my parents worked as professional musicians.
11. I am a logomaniac but not a metromaniac.*
12. I prefer borrowing books, CDs, DVDs, etc. from the library to buying them (in most cases).
13. Delaware is one of the few states I’ve never visited.
14. I will never ever visit Disneyland or Las Vegas--not even if I win all-expenses-paid luxury vacations there.
15. I hate steak.
16. I’ve never voted for a Republican.
17. I’m a garrulous drunk—not that I get drunk that often.
18. I don’t subscribe to any magazines (anymore).
19. My favorite metal is copper.
20. I don’t feel like a grown-up.

*According to my Forgotten English Word-a-Day desk calendar, a logomaniac is “one who is insanely interested in words”; a metromaniac is someone who has a “mania for writing poetry.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|