Saturday, May 05, 2007

Weary, Bleary, and Dreary

I’ve been working 12–14-hour days since last Sunday. I’m not used to it, and things are sort of going straight to hell around here.

Exempli gratia:

1. The tune “I Am Easily Assimilated” from the operetta Candide keeps running through my head, but I’ve changed the title to “I Am Very Highly Caffeinated.” Clever, no?

2. If I had time, I might write a blog entry about that meeting last week. Actually, it’s probably best that I don’t, but let me just say that it wasn’t even remotely what I was expecting. Here’s a tidbit: Only about 25 minutes of the five-hour meeting were devoted to talking about the upcoming project. At some point while we were driving to a restaurant there was serious talk of stopping to go shopping—for a Utilikilt.* And we totally would have, if the shop hadn’t moved. We were cruising around looking for it in earnest. Is this normal? Is this what people who work for large, moneyed companies do when they go to out-of-town meetings? Just fuck around, shopping and eating? I really wouldn’t know. I’m going to stop short of saying they wasted my time, as the project they’ve offered me pays very well and will be quite a feather in my cap. But. WTF?

3. Grass = Weed. I’m talking about the kind of grass that grows in lawns (not marihoochie). I cannot believe how much grass has invaded the garden beds where I need to plant tomatoes. It’s frickin’ a foot tall, and I have no time to do anything about it. Meanwhile it will continue its hostile takeover as I look on helplessly.

Feel sorry for me. No, don’t. Despite being worn out, some exciting things are transpiring on the career front, but it’s not stuff I can blog about.

*If you have time, check out the top 100 reasons to wear a kilt. Hilarious.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger sarmad said...

cheese products for you cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese check

4:29 AM  
Blogger sarmad said...

adult sex doll available at very low prices. you can get all type of sex dolls.

3:39 AM  
Blogger Wise Leather said...

totally loved your article. looking forward to see more more from you.
MEN LEATHER CHAP FOR SALE
MEN BOMBER LEATHER JACKET
MEN SHEARLING LEATHER JACKET

10:55 PM  
Blogger Studskit Jackets Shop said...

Very Informative and helpful, Thanks for sharing... Studs Kit Jacket Shop serves with premium quality to leather fanatics.

Shearling Jackets For Sale

MotoGP Leather Suits For Sale

Harley Davidson Jackets For Sale

1:36 AM  
Blogger esha said...




Leather bubble jacket mens is one of the luxury Lambskin Leather Jackets of Tapfer Jacket shop. Cowhide puffer leather Jacket has Durable Tonal Viscose lining and Detachable Opossum Fur Collar Trim. Triple Stitched Durable Nylon Thread.

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Nancy Wheeler Jacket said...

Love your website
Leather jackets enthusiasts visit my website
https://www.aspireleather.com/product/stranger-things-nancy-wheeler-jacket/

4:12 AM  
Anonymous George Henry said...

This is highly informative and beneficial. Thank you for sharing.




3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|