Thursday, September 23, 2004

Blurgified

Today I am unwell, afflicted with intermittent nausea, a low-grade fever, and general malaise compounded with unusually noisome menstrual cramps. I was just sick enough to not really be able to justify not working, so I made the attempt. Luckily, I am self-employed so my clients will never know about the nap I took from 1:15 PM to 2:00 PM and the other nap I took from 3:15 to 5:30. Luck was also on my side when it came to what I needed to work on today, which happened to involve writing on paper rather than working on the computer. Every time I spent a moment or two at the computer, I felt like I was going to ralph. Peculiar.

I’m feeling a bit better now and thinking that the best possible elixir would be a glass of red wine and some spicy tuna sushi, but I really don’t want to have to make the effort to go out and get the sushi. God knows I don’t have the ingredients (or the know-how) to make it myself. If I wanted to be really selfish, I could probably wheedle B into going out for it, but he is actually sicker than I am with a cold and hacking cough.

What a pair.


1 Comments:

Blogger Eyes for Lies said...

I hope you are feeling better now :)

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|