Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Homers


Dinner Time for Homer
Originally uploaded by Rozanne.
One of the many awesome things about being self-employed is that I can wear my recently acquired Homer Simpson slippers to work. The Homers were purchased on my ignominious trip to Target last Saturday--the day after Buy Nothing Day.

Perhaps it was a smidgen hypocritical of me to stay home on Buy Nothing Day and then the next day go drop an L-note at Target (and sign up for a charge card!), but there it is. I did really need new slippers. My old pair was falling to bits. There were holes in the heel and toe and shredlets of sole kept turning up all over the house.

And may I say that these are without a doubt the comfiest slippers I have ever owned? Like the real Homer, they are well padded and well insulated, so they keep my feet nice and toasty. I also love the fact that the Left Homer (pictured here) is somewhat wall-eyed. It makes my left foot look like a lunatic! Oh yeah. They were quite the bargain--which always pleases me--only $8.89.

The only problem with these slippers is that I really don't want the general public to see me--an adult--wearing them. FedEx and UPS guys are always delivering packages of work for me, and I get so many packages that I've always wondered if they think that I'm some kind of dotty layabout who wiles away the hours by purchasing collectible dolls like this. Because I don't want to contribute any further to such an inference being made, I've been kicking off the slippers and punting them out of sight before I answer the door.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rozanne said...

Brandie, Thanks for stopping by.

Noodge, You know, as I was writing, it did occur to me that it wasn't accurate to refer to a cartoon as "real"--if anything the slippers are more real that the cartoon. Doh!

2:01 PM  
Blogger cbeck said...

Outstanding! I have those same slippers!

(pardon the over enthusiam. it does not take much these days)

8:44 PM  
Blogger binventive said...

Doh! Mmmmm. Chocolate donuts!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|