Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Eyes Shut, Fingers Crossed

Hear ye, hear ye! The polls are now closed. Do poll workers actually still call that out? I wouldn't know, since I've never been one of those last-minute voters (of which there are surprisingly many, as I found out during the phonebank last night).

And now the nail biting can begin. Actually, I won't be doing any nail biting. I am going to cut myself off from all media until tomorrow morning--late morning when all the votes are counted. If things aren't looking good for Measure 49 during early returns, I'd rather not be sitting here wondering if things will turn around or if all is lost and I'll have to move to Canada.

I went through that with the last presidential election. Watching election returns can be way too stressful and disheartening.

So in a few minutes, I'll be drawing myself a nice hot bath, lighting some candles, pouring myself a glass of red wine, and hoping for the best.

Today's Random NaBloPoMo blog: July Bug

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|