Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hunker Down!


Fire and Ice
Originally uploaded by Rozanne.
So much more snow has fallen since I took this photo around noon today. Plus, winds have kicked up and the temperature has dropped to 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Much more of this weather is on the way: snow, freezing rain, ice pellets, sleet, the full range of wintry mix. Hunker, hunker, hunker, I say!!!!

And yet, I was out there walking around, as were many other hunched hooded figures and frolicking dogs. Some people were getting around on X-C skis. More people were out driving than should have been and only about 1 in 10 had chains on their tires. A few streets--the ones that go straight downhill--were closed off and people were attempting to slide down them on trash can lids. These were adults.

I hope the mailman I saw who was wearing shorts* isn't still out there.

*WTF?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

<< Home

|