Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Blogged Down

Surely, I'm not the first person (I'm probably the 187624th person) to coin the term "blogged down," but that phrase presented itself after my long (albeit intermittent) struggle to post a photo to my profile page.

May I rant?

On the rant scale of 1-10 this is probably only about a 2, but I'm going to go ahead and let her rip anyway.

I use a Mac so that is problem and obstacle #1 for the powers that control the Blogger nerve center. It is way too boring to enumerate all the backdoor methods that I tried to get the photo up on the page, but suffice it to say I have been trying for about a week and a half.

B caught me signing up for a Freeserver page (which I was going to use simply to post that one photo--yeah I'd become obsessed) and quickly put a stop to that. You see, B designs and manages Web sites for a living, so all along I knew that all I would really have to do is ask him for some Web space (or whatever you call it--he's got gobs of it) and he would post the photo and I wouldn't have to worry my pretty little head about it. But I had a bee in my bonnet about doing this myself, so I kept mum. So the next thing you know he'd uploaded the photo and gave me a URL and after some resizing and futzing around, the photo is now up and doesn't it just make my blog look so much better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|