Monday, December 13, 2004

Queasy

If I were to do it all over again, I would not name my blog “Is There Anything of Interest?” Why on Earth did I make the title a question that tempts readers to answer, “no”?* Clearly, I didn’t quite think that through. Saddled with such a title, I always feel pressured to write something “of interest.” Had I named the blog something like “The Monarch of Slothsylvania,” expectations would be a lot lower, and the pressure would be off.

I’m afraid tonight is one of those times when I am not going to write anything of interest. I’m feeling very green about the gills owing to a plate of nachos and about two-thirds of a pint of hypercarbonated beer, followed by the watching of a mockumentary filmed with ultra-shaky hand-held cameras on a cabin cruiser pitching and rocking on the choppy waters of Loch Ness. I had to leave the theater twice and dash to the “Ladies Parlor” for fear that I might spule onto the velvet theater seats. Not a pleasant prospect. Fortunately, getting away from the spazzy images on the screen helped. No spuling occurred.

Enough. I need to go to bed. Something better tomorrow, I promise.

* There is a story (not an interesting one, I’m afraid) about why I originally thought that “Is There Anything of Interest?” was a clever and compelling name for a blog. It’s not worth going into here, but if you feel you must know how I came up with such a stupid title, e-mail me at rozanne at partlycloudy dot com and I’ll tell you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate making up titles. I don't like my blog's title.

Please, please write an entry about how you came up with yours!

Diana
www.seekingclarity.com (ugh)

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not preggers are you? ;) That would be 'of interest'!!!
~Kismet!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Rozanne said...

Kismet!,

I'd like to blame it on something other than a combo of gluttony and shoddy camera technique, but I'm afraid they are the culprits.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|